The group continues to grow and flourish and we couldn’t be more proud and appreciative of all our volunteers and fosters.
We have dedicated volunteers throughout Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth area, San Antonio, and Austin.
Without our dedicated volunteers, we would not have been able to save so many lives. As we continue to grow in size, so does our need for additional volunteers. (If there is something you are interested in doing, but don't see it listed, please send us an email with your suggestions.)
A significant number of people apply for our rescue dogs, and our adoption counselors are the first line of communication that they have with TXHR.
- Enter applications into the database
- Conduct vet checks via telephone
- Talk with applicants via telephone and email
- Coordinate with fosters and applicants to arrange for a meet and greet
You must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance to volunteer for transportation opportunities.
- Transport huskies from a shelter to our boarding facility or foster, vet appointments, adoption events, or meet and greets
- NOTE: Most transportation activities occur during working hours during the workweek due to shelter and veterinarian office hours.
In order to spread the word of our rescue, we attend various funding raising events and hold monthly adoptions events throughout DFW, Austin and San Antonio.
- Help handle the huskies in attendance
- Help set up and break down
- Talk to potential adopters or fosters
The lifeblood of a rescue organization is the ability to fund veterinary bills. There is always a need for innovative thinkers who can raise funds through creative ideas.
- Research and write grants that are available to rescue organizations
- Brainstorm and organize fundraising opportunities
The mentors become TXHR’s first line of communication for the assigned adoptive and/or foster parents.
- Help make the transition easier for the humans, ensuring the dogs are in good hands and in good shape
- Reach out to new adopters/fosters within the first few days of receiving their new husky to check-in and provide advice and support
Vet Care Coordinators
These volunteers keep our veterinary database accurate.
- Keep track of appointments for foster dogs
- Ensure all veterinary paperwork and information is uploaded into our database
- Mail Heartworm Preventative to foster parents monthly
- Research lower cost medical options
- Ensure all incoming huskies receive all necessary veterinary care
It is TXHR’s goal to stay in touch more often with our supporters.
- Create an interesting layout for presenting our monthly updates and husky stories
- Gather information from the TXHR Board and volunteers in order to compose articles for each monthly email newsletter
General Administrative Duties
- Write and mail thank You postcards to adopters and donors
- Enter and update the online database
- Assist with Christmas mailing
Again, if you or anyone you know might be interested in helping with any of the above volunteer opportunities, please send us an email.
As always, we sincerely appreciate you, the time you give to us, and the support you have given back to us! Without you, we would not be saving as many lives as we have today.